Tuesday 29 May 2012

How can the sky be blue when Spain is falling off a cliff?!

Hi,

sorry for a late weekly update... I have been away over the weekend due to the holiday - I took the oppurtunity to visit my mother in the northeast of Skåne. Far from any financial market and European crisis... Perspective is necessary these days (and all days!).

The algo continue to performs well which means that it have produced yet another high. What is also worth mention is that I have started to trade two more currencies based on my macro model - namely AUDNZD and EURCAD. I will include these as a seperate time series in the future as I don't see them belong to my core portfolio (due to different reasons, one being high transactions costs). The latest return series can be found below... Enjoy! I'll do while it is still happy days... I will always hit a new drawdown further down the road - so I try to enjoy when the sky is blue and the wine tastes a little bit better than usual...

I still run the same positions as the last update,

Short EurUsd
Long UsdSek
Short AudCad
Short UsdJpy
Short GbpJpy

The new test-currencies:

Short AudNzd
Long EurCad (a bit of whip-saw the former week)

The discretionary portfolio

I started to trade again (Up approx. USD 100 since last update) - the follwing positons were taken on last week,

Long UsdJpy (long 80.12, stopped out the day after at 79.38)
Short UsdCad (Short 1.0176, stopped out the day after at 1.0245)
Short EurAud (Short 1.2921, took profit of 1/3 at 1.2738, target 1.24 and stop moved down to 1.292)

That is all for this time! Happy trading

No comments:

Post a Comment