Sunday 17 June 2012

The Greek tragedy

Hi folks!

Sorry for not posting for a while, but don't worry I continue to update my models day after day, year after year (atleast day after day). The Greek election could potentially have major implications on markets but I am cautiously optimistic as I think New Democrazy will win but it is close to a coin-flip. I have tried to be prudent and reduced some holdings in the discretionary portfolio before the weekend (-1 unit of AUDCAD). Actually, the discretionary portfolio have had a nice development latley, as my call for a stronger AUD has played out and also being lucky trading EURUSD in a profitable way after the Spanish bank aid request (sold on the sunday above 1.26 and then turned the position to a long below 1.25).

The algo have seen som volatility lately, but the discretionary book have been off-setting this in a nice way.


I also tried the short USDSEK at the same time as I shorted EURUSD but decided to stop it out early.
Else, I still think AUD could strengthen a bit further, macro and fundamentals continue to be supportive.

Positions:

Discretionaty portfolio: (New all-time high, above USD 1100)

Short EURAUD (Entry 1.292, stop at 1.282, target 1.24)
Long AUDCAD (Entry 1.0057, target 1.04, stop at 1.012) - reduced one unit at 1.026

Algo:

Long EURUSD  (from 1.2505)
Short USDSEK (from 7.13)
Short USDJPY
Short GBPJPY
Short AUDCAD


Have a nice week!



No comments:

Post a Comment