Sunday 26 February 2012

52% return...

A lot of action in the FX-markets while I have been away, where the overall JPY-weakness sticks out (and has been really good for my positions)... :)

First of all, I was stopped out on my long CadChf early in the week at 0.9115 (50 ticks loss on the discretionary book after having moved up my initial stoploss), but at the same time I have so far been lucky that I shifted out of my long EURCHF into a long USDJPY instead...

The last weeks developments for a weaker JPY has been very good for both my portfolios, where the discretionary is long USDJPY (from 79.70) and the algo long GBPJPY (123.04) and USDJPY (79.55)... USDJPY closed at 81.20 and GBPJPY at 129.12 (up roughly 5% on the that trade) have seen my initial 1960 $ deposit growing into 2982 $ (52% to be exact)... However, one should remember that I take much higher bets than I would ever do when investing some others money and to be honest, my thought have always been to deposit 5000 $... But I thought I would start out with 2000 $ (they deduct 40 $ automatically due to fees) to get some experience with my new broker. So, to be fair, the portfolios are so far up 20%. But, I always take every day as a new day, so even if I am off to a good start, the positive gains can quickly turn to negative, so prudence is as always very important for me.

How is the situation in the competition?

The algo is clearly in the lead, benefitting from the long USDJPY and GBPJPY...

I still need to figure out a fair way of splitting up the results (as % per trade, or as % of a portfolio, or as absolute sum)... More to come on this during the week.

Status on active trades:

Discretionary:

Long USDJPY (from 79.70)

Algo:

Long GBPJPY (123.04)
Long USDJPY (79.55)
Long AUDCAD (1.06883)

However, my model has given a sellsignal on GBPJPY so a huge profit will probably be realized when I execute it tomorrow and my overall risk will be somewhat reduced as I reduce the short JPY-exposure. Still awaits signal in USDSEK and EURUSD.

Have a nice week!

No comments:

Post a Comment