Monday 27 February 2012

Risky assets slightly down heading into the final LTRO

Hi...

Markets seems quiet before the big event this month, the LTRO on Friday... A lot of speculation of what the potential take-up of ECB's "free money" will be, with estimates ranging from EUR 250-1250bn... I think we will have a take-up of similiar/slightly lower take up than last time (approx. EUR 500bn last time), potentially sending risky assets little lower as the expected liquidity injection could be a dissapointment. I would prefer to be short EURUSD in that kind of environment... That's why I early this morning decided to not wait for a change of signal in EURUSD any longer in the algo portfolio (there has been a negative signal the whole time since I started this blog) and went short the cross as 1.3448 (stop at 1.3660)... I am also considering to add it on the discretionary portfolio as a little more short-term play... And yes, I just did... :)

Short EURUSD at 1.3405 (stop at 1.3460, and a target at 1.3306)... A short classic punt going for the reversal into month-end.

So, discretionaty portfolio:

Long USDJPY
Short EURUSD

Algo portfolio

The short-signal in GBPJPY was executed in two pieces, first I squared the position at very good levels (1.2930) before I went to the bed, the short position was executed at a less good level (128.755, stop att 130.755).
Just squared my long USDJPY at 80.47 (profit of almost a full figure) with a neutral reading on that currency at this stage.

Leaving the portfolio with,

Short GBPJPY
Short EURUSD
Long AUDCAD

(only waiting for USDSEK to change signal before the algo portfolio is fully implemented)

P/L-wise... A new high, 3155 USD. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment