Wednesday 8 February 2012

FX competition - Discretionary vs. algo trading

Hi world!

This is my first post... So have patience with me... I will try to update quite frequently... What this blog is all about is my love and dedication for the financial markets, and especially in that aspect - the fascinating world of FX... Where fortunes can be made and lost... Where all flows blends together in a perfect mix of speculators, corporates, retailers, funds etc... What drives all this?! I have an idea, and I am sorry to say that I will keep my version of it with myself... What I will publish here is my attempt to make a fair competion against myself... I will see if I can beat my own algos (based on different fundamentals factors, i.e. macrobased and also some mix of technical analysis) vs. my own discretionary trading which has so far been successful for more than three years... I hope you will find this challenge as exciting as I think.

As a start:

Discretionary:

Long EurChf at 1.2107 (stop at 1.2025) and a target of atleast 1.24 - based in a strong belief that SNB will deliver no matter what
Long CadChf at 0.9169 (stop at 0.9070) - same reason as above, but also in favour of a stronger CAD

are looking to enter into more carryfriendly crosses....

Algos:

None sofar - waiting for my first signals, but will trade both G10 and EM

No comments:

Post a Comment