Thursday 29 March 2012

Month-end (and Qtr)

Hi!

Fun to see that more and more people starts to follow my blog...!

Short update due to a busy agenda... and prolonged spa-weekend in Germany tomorrow. :)

Discretionary portfolio:

I went short EurUsd as stated in the last update, the timing could have been better, but so far it seems like my stop will survive. The case is still intact so I will leave it as it is.

Short EURUSD 1.3269 (stop 1.3435 and target 1.3030)

In addition, I went long EURCHF (double size) at 1.2060 on the case that I think speculation of intervention will keep it above 1.2040... Stop at 1.2022, target 1.2124 and 1.25

Lastly, I went long USDJPY today at 82.34 with a stop at 81.94 and target 82.90 due to the fact that 82 seems like a strong support, and if we break below I dont wont to stay in the trade. Secondly, fundamentals still support the trade (rates US vs. JPY still in an uptrend) so I think this trade short-term provide decent risk-reward.

Summary:

Short EURUSD
Long 2*EURCHF
Long 2*USDJPY

Algo:

I have had a short signal in USDSEK and GBPJPY since the last update. These were executed at 6.6649 and 131.626 respectively.

Summary:

Short EURUSD
Long USDJPY
Short AUDCAD
Short USDSEK
Short GBPJPY

P/L has moved sidways and now stands at USD 3784

Have a loverly weekend

Ps. Month-end and Qtr-end often provides increased volatility... And remember that the Japanese fiscal year ends tomorrow. Ds.

No comments:

Post a Comment